Friday 9 October 2009

Who's Boss?


Just a quick update before I actually go into a 3-week hiatus, I have seriously been too busy trying to juggle my responsibilities in general that I do not have time to blog anymore! Unfortunately, the world spins faster than I can actually keep up, which is why I may be a bit behind on my dramas.I really do think that the first episode was really enticing! I can't say the same for the next few episodes....though I am still not half way into the series!!

The crime investigation detective show "Boss" is one of the highest rating show in Japan 2009 Spring season; second to Mr Brain (Need to remind myself to watch Mr Brain as well next time).




Synopsis
This series revolves around a group of peculiar detectives in a new division created to fight against an increase in atrocious crimes. Osawa Eriko is a beautiful career woman who has just returned from training in the U.S. and is appointed as the "boss" of this division. But despite her intelligence and capabilities, she can never understand a man's heart, so she remains unable to find a husband. Even though the detectives are talented, they all have some kind of issue or flaw - Tokyograph



  • Boss of Crime Investigation team with love issues - Amami Yuki as Osawa Eriko

  • He's unable to trust people and has a fear of using a gun - Tamayama Tetsuji as Katagiri Takuma 

  • The excitable and active officer who steps on evidence - Mizobata Junpei as Hanagata Ippei

  • The always tired, sloppy and has no interest in investigation - Toda Erika as Kimoto Mami


  • Gay man who visits gay bars often


  • He is really careless - Nukumizu Youichi as Yamamura Keisuke

Outside of the team are 2 regulars as well...
The man who employed Osawa Eriko and is a flirtatious playboy - Takenouchi Yutaka as Nodate Shinjiro and the head of scientific department - Kichise Michiko as Narahashi Reiko



The soundtrack is definitely fresh and worth listening to! It has the mix of techno/neoclassical and jazzy genres. I have attached 2 songs - the opening and ending themes by Superfly. I love the singer!! She has a really strong voice and it really suits the technicality of the music. Love it!! One of the most prominent vocals compared to the soft/high angel-like voice a lot Japanese females use to sing instead.

Opening theeme - Alright!
Closing theme - My Best of my Life

Enjoy!!

No comments: