Friday 2 January 2009

Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue completed

Finally!! I have finished Lunar 2!! This RPG (role playing game much like final fantasy for example) game honestly took a long time.

46 hours of hard training and reaching level 76 is how I had finish this game! hahaha I was a little bit reluctant to finish this game because the training went on for probably half of the time. I started training very hard from Level 41...you can imagine how many hours put into that to reach up to 76! Obviously, this is a much longer game compared to the prequel Silver Star Story where I managed to finish the first one in 27 hours.

SO anyway, even for a playstation which was the beginning of 3D games you could say, Lunar 2 adopted a modest graphical design whereby also keeping it original to the first game on Gameboy Advance yet develops anime scenes to better off enhance the atmosphere in the game. Therefore, you better watch the scenes and it won't repeat for you again!! The only downfall to this game might I have to say is that the whole thing is in English. The battle voices, the scenes were painfully heard haha sad...I know. My Japanese is not good to read or listen to this story so I had to play this game in English. It really is a pity! I wished that it wasn't dubbed but subtitles are placed instead.
















L: Solving puzzles
R: Scene about the corrupted Goddess

The graphics are cartoon-like and the characters can travel diagonal, yet the camera angle is only directed above them. So again, it is not 3D, but I have enjoyed it at this level because I can't really appreciate stiff 3D characters in most playstation games haha or blurred visions for that matter of a fact.















L: Fighting the White dragon
R: All dragons join forces to defeat the stirring evil

If a character dies during a battle against monsters, once you have defeated them, they will still be alive but with only 1 health. Just heal them fully. The downside to it is that they do not gain experience from fighting those monsters or even bosses so make sure that in order to gain a lot of experience, quickly revive them during battle and keep healing. I think that this concept is quite fair in the game as some other games need you to travel back to cities or towns just to revive them. Also, to clear things up, Luna is an extra character in the game and proves to be useful at times.
















L: Towards the ending, getting ready to face Zophar; the ultimate boss. Don't know why he is like a cross-dresser. Made me squirm haha.
R: Zophar had 4 different forms! Was difficult to beat him at level 53! Should've aimed for 55 lol.

From here on out under the cut, these are ending spoilers!! Do not reveal if you are still playing this or wanting to play it (actually, people would have already played it since playstation is really old)! Unless you have played it or don't care, view it fully at your leisure.

Enjoy!






























The final cut scene reveals that Luna has to return back to her rightful fated place to restore her people and makes sure that peace is established between the Blue moon and Earth.



Ending
reveals everybody going back to their lives.






























Top L: Ronfar - Healer
Top R: Leo - Swordsman
Bottom L: Lemina- Magician
Bottom R: Jean - Dragon fighter


Right: Dragon Alex (in human form) of the first Hero in the first game. He is teaching a bunch of kids. But they ended up in a food fight haha.





















Hiro walking towards the moon.



EPILOGUE!!!

Even though I had finished the game at level 54, I wished to continue my game and therefore, I found myself training harder than ever to complete it at level 76! I also managed to collect a few new cool items and don't forget...more equipment to enhance my characters! I love contemplating and deciding what accessories or armor/weapons will prove to be useful for my characters. Though since I haven't been playing it for a while, I needed to help files to direct me to where I am supposed to head to!!

Everybody is gathered up from their normal lives by Hiro to head to the Blue Star to once again find Luna and to be reunited with her.



The front of the Star Dragon tower


Fighting the last boss by myself who is guarding the entrance into Blue Star.


The way into reaching Luna


The reunited ending.

This is it! Websites to explain the Lunar series + Lunar 2.

Now I really want to get a hold of Magic School Lunar + Lunar 3!!! haha it really is a fantastic series. Phew, this post is long!

Hopefully I will blog about my other completed game - Marvel Ultimate Alliance!

No comments: