Tuesday 8 July 2008

Garo

Garo is a Japanese tokusatsu drama containing 25 episodes and this drama is considered to be the turning point of tokusatsu entertainment. Tokusatsu means 'special effects' in Japan. Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, Ultraman etc. are under this category and is mostly made up fighting/battling monsters.

There are tokusatsu movies but those can range from innocent fighting and friendliness to malicious, mysterious and bloody genres.

Garo is an adult and older youth drama that is broadcast in Japan at 11pm which gives the indication that young kids are not meant to watch it of course...they have to get ready for school!!

However, the slightly negative part is that I can't really seem to connect with the show and its character as things happen very quickly....but this is how I feel....maybe it was because I went ahead and watched it on youtube until halfway and then came back to watch it again after 2 years!!

But I do like Kaoru!!! She is soooo sweet! And cute!! Very innocent + funny!

Garo (meaning Golden Knight) is about a man Saejima Kouga who is a magic knight with the duty of slaying 'Horrors'. Horrors are spirits from the demonic world and they can surface on earth through objects whenever an individual develops negative feelings/emotions eg. Greed.

The girl is Kaoru, as you watched the drama, you will get to find out how both of these characters are related in the past and present. Plus there is something mysterious about her and the Horrors.

I really like the portrayal of Horrors as opposed to a person having a dark heart and causing mayhem. And, the director incorporated fighting as well!!! Plus plus plus bonus for me!!

Kouga's armour and it is Golden!! This is drawn by fans in crimson cafe! BeautifuL! The armour is called Soul Metal and it is one of the best and the strongest metal in the world.

Kouga wears a ring. This ring is clever and can detect Horrors!

I was talking about Casshern before and it is a tokusatsu film....I Haven't Watched it YET!!!! I so badly want to!! But I must get my friends to come and watch it along with me!

Today...I walked from North Shore AUT to home with my heavy 4kg hard cello casing (picking up my project from my design teacher)!!!! Oh I am sooo tired!! Also had to come back home to do the washing!! But all good! Was supposed to go to the Luge today but somebody cancelled on the account of not trusting the weather forecast when it said it was fine!!!

WHOO!! I got 85% for my project!! The pictures are under Sam and Peter's 21st Birthday! Oh my lecturer said that she loved it!!! Comments:
Inspirational! Phoebe, Simply inspirational! Creative, innovative and personal. Review was sound and perspective.

It is a beautiful day outside!! WHOO!By the way....How do I wash a blanket????
What mode do I set for the washing machine??? ( >__< )

Current Mood:
Jolly Happy!

No comments: