Monday 23 June 2008

Kanon Wakeshima Cellist

AHH!! Kanon Wakeshima derived from the name Canon! I stumbled onto her website! She is so talented!! Ok I am copying and pasting all this information about her! She is good at drawing pictures too!!

Her website link: http://www.kanonweb.jp/

Kanon Wakeshima

19 years old, a cello vocalist

Kanon started playing the cello at the age of 3. She began to take full-scale guidance since early of age.

When she was a junior high school student, she formed a cello duo and an ensemble group. At the age of 15, she started playing the baroque cello as part of her classical ensembles. She appeared in many recitals and joint concerts.

She began music creation at the end of the junior high school times, and when she was 16 years old, she sang as a vocalist for the first time on stage of the senior high school festival.

As a multi-talented artist, Kanon joined the Sony Music Audition as a singer. She was one of the finalists and she made a contract with DefSTAR RECORDS.

  • performance musical instrument : cello
  • the opportunity when she began music : the recommendation of cello from her parents
  • the music that she played for the first time : twinkle, twinkle, little star variations
  • memorable song : haydn cello concerto
  • favourite cell player : Jacqueline du Pré
  • favourite musician : Emilie Simon, lily-chou-chou, Mayumi Kojima
  • favorite composer : Debussy, Satie
  • favourite painter : Alfons Maria Mucha
  • favourite colour : red (mostly)
  • hobby / special ability : drawing a picture
“My parents had made up their minds before I was even born that I was to take up music because they’re such great fans of music. They even gave me a musical name. Kanon, is actually taken from canon (and also written as ‘sound of flowers’ in Japanese).”





I watched it just then with a single lamp on and I got scared when my brother came knocking on my door lol. But it is ok!!! Not that scary! The japanese latest fashion is fusing doll-like fashion (lolita) with goth....surprisingly it looks quite cool to me if it is done properly lol. The Japanese are so big on trends!

Some drawings from her blog and she did draw them:

Painter

Random bird but I love the detailed work!

Strawberry Shortcake!

The best one! Snow White

Current Mood: Inspired!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, she know Alfons Mucha too? o_O oh my, I love his pictures! ^^

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

Phoebe said...

Hi Anon, just got my internet back! Unfortunately, I'm not quite advanced in my blogging to be able to tell you that...I'm sorry. If you can browse through blogger helper or goggle it, I'm sure you'd be able to find what you're looking for